If you’re anything like me, you probably take a ton of photos while on vacation — especially for stunning destinations like Hawaii.
Deciding which photos to post on Instagram is enough work in itself, so let me help you with your Hawaii captions.
Broken down into helpful sections, this post has over 100 delightful, audience-pleasing Hawaii captions for Instagram.
Table of contents
Hawaii captions for Instagram
You can’t go wrong with these classic Hawaii captions.
- Gone to Hawaii. Be back never.
- On island time.
- No rain, no rainbows.
- Peace. Love. Aloha.
- Hawaii is calling and I must go.
- A pineapple a day keeps the doctor away.
- A shave ice a day keeps the worries away.
- Today’s itinerary: 🩴👙🧉🤿⛵️🏖🏄♀️🌊
- But first, shave ice.
- Somewhere over the rainbow.
- Coconut? You mean drink holder!
- The one where they went to [insert name of Hawaiian island].
- Pineapple princess.
- Alexa, play Lost in Paradise.
- Tiny bubbles. 🎶🥂🍾 – Don Ho
- Hawaii: where it really is all rainbows & sunshine.
- The floor is lava.
- Volcanoes. So hot right now.
- If you like pina coladas and gettin’ caught in the rain…
- Tonight’s agenda: luaus & mai tais.
- Let’s get salty.
- Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
- Island mode: activated.
- A bad day in Hawaii is better than a good day anywhere else.
- I got 99 problems, but this island ain’t one.
- Sunny days and starry nights
Surfing quotes and Instagram captions
Did you even visit Hawaii if you didn’t attempt to surf or at least watch surfers at the beach?
Pair these surfing quotes and Instagram captions with photos of your surf experience.
- Surf’s up!
- Ride the wave.
- Catch the wave.
- Catch a wave and you’re sittin’ on top of the world. – Catch a Wave, The Beach Boys
- Peace. Love. Surfing.
- ☮️ 💖 🏄♂️
- Waves for days.
- Life is swell.
- Waves & Rays.
- Dawn patrol.
- Hang loose.
- Off the hook.
- You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. – Jon Kabat-zan
- We surf at dawn.
- Wipe out!
- Pray for surf.
Hawaiian sayings & local slang
Pay your respects to native Hawaiians and residents by using their beautiful language and fun slang to caption your Instagram photos.
- Aloha / This can be used for Hello, Goodbye, and I love you!
- Mahalo / Thank you.
- A hui hou / Until we meet again.
- Mele Kalikimaka / Merry Christmas.
- Howzit? / What’s up?, How are you?
- E hele kāua / Let’s party!
- Ono grindz / Delicious food.
- Ke kali nei au / Waiting here for you.
- ‘Imi ola / Seek life.
Blend English with Hawaiian for even more captions, like below:
- Aloha from [insert name of Hawaiian island].
- Aloha state of mind.
- All you need is ohana. / Ohana = family
- Hale sweet hale. / Hale = home
- Keiki on board. / Keiki = little one(s) or child(ren)
- Off to hula, hula land.
- Live. Laugh. Aloha.
- The future is wahine. / Wahine = woman or female
Are you planning to visit more than one island in Hawaii? Be sure to check out my post about island hopping in Hawaii!
Hawaii captions for couples
If you’re in Hawaii for your honeymoon, destination wedding, or a couples trip, these cutesy Hawaii captions for couples are perfect for you.
- Two less fish in the sea.
- I think you’re swell.
- This is the moment of sweet aloha. – Elvis
- I lava you.
- Just Maui’d.
- Mermaid for each other.
- I’m coco-nuts about you.
- Lava’s all you need.
- I keep on waterfallin’ in love with you.
- It’s always sunshine and rainbows with you.
- You’re the pineapple of my eye.
- The pineapple to my coconut.
- Paradise found.
Hawaii puns for cute captions
I love a good pun – especially for a quick and easy Instagram caption.
These Hawaii puns are all fun crowd-pleasers for your Insta-audience.
- Lei-ing low.
- Lei’d back.
- Just lei-ing around.
- I got lei’d in [insert name of Hawaiian island].
- Oh poi!
- Shaka your groove thing.
- Gone cocoNUTS.
- Let’s get coconutty.
- Feelin’ un loco moco.
- You drive me loco moco
- Beach baes.
- Happy Hulaween
- Girls are made with sugar & shave ice and everything nice.
Before you visit Hawaii, check out my tips on how to have the best Hawaii vacation ever.
The best Hawaii quotes
If you’re not sure what to post, how about sharing the words of others?
These Hawaii quotes are perfect for pairing with your photos on Instagram.
May there always be tradewinds behind you, rainbows above you, and aloha all around you.Hawaiian saying
- Hawaii can be heaven and it can be hell. – Jeff Goldblum
- I believe Hawaii is the most precious jewel in the world. – Don Ho
- The hula is the heartbeat of the Hawaiian people. – David Kalakaua
- Hawaii is so boring because it’s always sunny. – Daniel Dae Kim
- Hawaii is paradise. It sounds cheesy to say it, but there’s music in the air there. – Bruno Mars
- Hawaii is a paradise born of fire. – Rand McNally
- No one has family in Hawaii. Everyone is family in Hawaii. – Richie Norton
- Coming to Hawaii is like going from black and white to color. – John Richard Stephens
- Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. – Stitch, Lilo & Stitch
Captions for when you’re missing Hawaii
Last but not least, when your trip is long gone and you’re missing Hawaii, post a throwback with one of these thoughtful captions.
- I left my heart in [insert name of Hawaiian island].
- Dreaming of [insert your favorite Hawaiian snack].
- Alexa, bring me back to Hawaii.
- [Throwback Thursday/Flashback Friday] to when I was living the Aloha life.
Which Hawaii captions did you use for your Instagram photos?
If you’ll be visiting Aulani, a Disney resort on Oahu, check out 150 Disney Instagram captions for Disney-fied caption ideas to pair with your resort photos.
Need captions for the beach? Check out my post on over 100 beach captions for Instagram.