Heading to the Boston and need a place to sleep? Find out where to stay in Boston, from budget (under $100/night) to luxury.
Budget Hotels in Boston
On a budget? Here are my top picks on where to stay in Boston for under $100 per night.
- 40Berkeley: Located in the South End (not to be confused with South Boston, aka Southie), where there are tons of delicious restaurants.
- Boston Fenway Inn: Great location for games at Fenway Park, shopping on Newbury St. or taking in the Boston Marathon at the last stretch of the race on Boylston St.
- Farrington Inn: Stay in a historic Bostonian walk-up near Boston University.
- Friend Street Hostel: Great location if you’ll be hitting up a game or show at the Garden.
- HI Boston Hostel: Located in Chinatown, near the Theater District. Also a short walk from the Public Garden + Boston Common.
- Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships: One of the most interesting hostels I’ve come across! Yes, you can stay on board one of the tall ships in Boston Harbor! This is definitely one of the most interesting hostels I’ve come across. The only downside is that you have to leave the ship from 10:30 am – 8pm, as they run cruises during the day.
Moderate Hotels in Boston
These hotels may be “mid-range” (under $250 per night on average), but they are still quite impressive.
- Aloft Boston Seaport: Located in the Seaport neighborhood, next to The Lawn on D – a must-visit in the warmer months. Also centrally located for visits to the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, and the Harpoon Brewery.
- The Midtown Hotel: Located near Northeastern University, the Prudential Center + Copley Place.
- Harborside Inn: Located next to the New England Aquarium and Faneuil Hall shopping.
- The Verb Hotel: Formerly a Howard Johnson motel and completely remodeled into an upscale offering. Located directly next to Fenway park.
- Boston Park Plaza: You can’t go wrong with this pick. It was renovated in 2015, has several excellent restaurants at multiple price ranges and is frequented by celebrities and public figures. Fun Fact: almost all US Presidents have stayed here since it opened in the 1920s.
Luxury Hotels in Boston
Do you have an unlimited budget for lodging? Here are my top picks on where to stay in Boston, from classic luxury chains to unique-to-Boston options.
- Hotel Commonwealth: Located in Kenmore Square, next to Fenway Park. Home to one of my favorite restaurants + bars, Eastern Standard.
- Lenox Hotel: Check out the luxurious Judy Garland suite, named after the late actress, who lived at the Lenox in 1965.
- Taj Boston: Located at the upscale end of Newbury Street, at the intersection of Arlington Street, directly across from the Public Garden. Formerly 1 of 2 Ritz-Carlton hotels in Boston.
- The Liberty Hotel: Located in a former jail. Has several bars and restaurants onsite that are quite popular on the weekends.
- XV Beacon Hotel: Located in historic + swanky Beacon Hill neighborhood. Despite the stellar location, it still has a private and secluded vibe. Dog-friendly (instead of a fee, they request a donation to the MSPCA Angell Memorial Hospital).
- Fairmont Copley Plaza: Located directly across from Copley Plaza and the Boston Public Library. Excellent location for weddings and shopping excursions (the Shops at Prudential, Copley Place, and Newbury Street are all within walking distance). They have a resident dog…yes, you read that right. You can take Labrador Retriever, Catie Copley, for walks.
Where’s your favorite place to stay in Boston?