Pair your outdoorsy photos and videos on Instagram with these hiking quotes and captions.
Whether you want short and sweet or long and contemplative, you’ll find the perfect words to express how you feel in this post.
Hiking captions for Instagram
These hiking Instagram captions are quick and to the point – perfect for letting your stunning hiking photos and reels stay front and center.
- Climb on.
- Boot camp.
- Wild & free
- Trail blazer.
- Take a hike.
- I’d hike that.
- Into the wild.
- Let’s get lost.
- Hiking season.
- Wild & wander
- Take it outside.
- Into the unknown.
- Adventure awaits.
- Go your own way.
- Peaks and valleys.
- I’d rather be hiking.
- The great outdoors.
- Wilderness therapy.
- Boots on the ground.
- Never stop exploring.
- I did it all for the view.
- Into the woods we go.
- Hiking hair, don’t care.
- Hike more, worry less.
- Keep calm and hike on.
- Memories from the trail.
- Taking the scenic route.
- I ❤️️ US National Parks.
- Chase views, not dudes.
- Life is better in hiking boots.
- Always take the scenic route.
- [King/Queen] of the mountain.
- I like big hills and I cannot lie.
- Troop Beverly Hills, what a thrill.
- These boots were made for walking.
- Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak.
- Just me, the trees, and one epic view.
- Elevation: [####] feet above sea level.
- Backpack ✔️ Boots ✔️ Compass ✔️
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
- It’s all about the journey, not the destination.
- We started from the bottom, now we’re here.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.
- When life gives you mountains, grab your boots and go for a hike.
Funny hiking quotes & puns
Who doesn’t love a little humor? These hiking puns are short and sweet, but are packed with laughs.
- Take a peak.
- What the hill.
- What’s up, birches?
- A whole lot of altitude.
- May the forest be with you.
- Just leaf your worries behind.
- I needed a change of altitude.
Share the words of others to communicate how you feel in your hiking photos and videos on Instagram.
- “And so I walked on.” – Cheryl Strayed, Wild
- “Leave the road, take the trails.” – Pythagoras
- “Not all who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkein
- “I am at home among the trees.” – J.R.R. Tolkein
- “Walking is a man’s best medicine.” – Hippocrates
- “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
- “A walk in nature walks the soul back home.” – Mary Davis
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.” – John Muir
- “Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” – Steven Wright
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Tell me: what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Cheryl Strayed, Wild
- “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
- “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
- “Hiking is the same thing as walking, only hotter and twice as far as you wanted to go. But usually, you’re glad you went.” – Anita Diamant, The Boston Girl
- “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
Writing prompts for hiking captions
If you prefer longer form captions, use these hiking captions to inspire your post.
Some of these can be repurposed many times, so you’ll get lots of captions out of them!
- Tips for hiking solo
- Safety tips for hikers
- First aid kit packing list
- Tips for hiking with kids
- Tips for beginner hikers
- Multi-day hiking packing list
- Best food for multi-day hikes
- Best hikes in [park/state/region]
- Essential gear for beginner hikers
- Tips for hiking [enter name of trail]
- Wildlife photography tips for hikers
- Photography accessories for hikers
- Energy filling snacks for your next hike
- Landscape photography tips for hikers
- How to find a good-fitting backpack for hiking
- How to find the right hiking boots for your needs
- Share a funny or inspiring story from one of your hikes
50 hiking hashtags under 1 million
Aside from a great Instagram caption, you’ll need the right hashtags to help circulate your post or reel.
Check this list for hiking hashtags under 1 million uses.
What are your favorite hiking quotes and captions for Instagram?
Share your favorite hiking quotes and hiking captions in the comments below.