I’m more of a night person than a morning person – unless it means skipping the snooze button so I can head somewhere nice to watch the sunrise and capture the beauty with my camera.
If you’re also a sucker for sunrise photos, I’ve got tons of Instagram caption ideas for you.
In this post, I have over 100 sunrise captions for Instagram, including sunrise quotes, literary quotes about the sunrise, romantic quotes about the sunrise, and sunrise song lyrics.
Table of contents
Sunrise captions for Instagram
Pair these sunrise captions with your best photos of the sun rising.
- Good morning!
- I love waking up with the sun.
- I’m only a morning person for sunrises like this.
- Today is a new day.
- Smile! A brand new day awaits you.
- Up before the sun.
- Rise & Shine
- Greeting the sun
- Just another sunrise picture
- There she is, the sun in all her glory.
- At the break of dawn
- Breaking dawn
- Softly as in a morning sunrise.
- Beat the sunrise.
- S is for Sunrise.
- Today is brought to you by this sunrise.
- Today is brought to you by sunrises and [fill-in-the-blank]. Ex. Today is brought to you by sunrises and mimosas.
- Dreaming of this [insert location here] sunrise.
- Good morning, Beautiful.
- Ain’t no sunrise when she’s gone.
- Like father, like sun
- Sun more time
- What can you say about such a beautiful sunrise?
- Can you believe this show is FREE?
- Sunrises & [fill-in-the-blank] are my favorite part of the morning.
- This is your sign to wake up with the sun.
- Got that sunrise glow.
- Sunrise vibes.
- Welcome, Sun.
- Oh, you know, just another boring sunrise.
- Obligatory sunrise pic.
- Morning sky
- Proof perfection exists.
- Look at the sun blessing the sky. – Meg Frost
- Good morning, Sunshine.
- Goodbye, Moon. Hello, Sun.
- The biggest star in the sky.
- Look how bright she shines.
- Man, I feel bad for vampires.
- Tell me, what is the best sunset of your life?
- Life is short. Don’t sleep through another beautiful sunrise.
- If today is anything like this sunrise, it’s gonna be a good day.
- Start your day off right: with [fill-in-the-blank] and the sunrise.
- I’ve never regretted waking up early to watch the sun rise up into the sky. – Meg Frost
- It’s a new day, brother. – Don Cheadle as James Rhodes, The Falcon & the Winter Soldier
- Oh, look! Another glorious morning. Makes me sick! – Bette Midler as Winifred Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
Song lyrics about the sunrise
These song lyrics about the sunrise are perfect for Instagram captions.
- Here comes the sun and I say, it’s alright. – Here Comes the Sun, The Beatles
- I woke up like this. – Flawless, Beyoncé
- Sunrise. Sunburn. Sunset. Repeat. – Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset, Luke Bryan
- It’s another tequila sunrise. – Tequila Sunrise, Eagles
- On this perfect day, nothing’s standing in my way, on this perfect day, nothing can go wrong. – Perfect Day, Hoku
- Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end. – Closing Time, Semisonic
- It’s a new dawn, a new day, and I’m feelin’ good. – Feeling Good, Nina Simone
- It’s a beautiful day. Don’t let it get away. – Beautiful Day, U2
- I look at you and the world’s alright with me. Just one look at you and I know it’s gonna be a lovely day, a lovely day. – Lovely Day, Bill Withers
Borrow these sunrise quotes when you don’t have the words in you to craft the perfect sunrise caption.
- The newness of this day is divine. – Lailah Gifty Akita
- Rest but never quit. Even the sun has a sinking spell each evening. But it always rises the next morning. At sunrise, every soul is born again. – Muhammed Ali
- My sun sets to rise again. – Robert Browning
- Every day a million miracles begin at sunrise. – Eric Jerome Dickey
- With this sunrise somehow I felt I was exactly where I was supposed to be. Have faith, the light seemed to announce. – Ethan Hawke
- The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart. – Anthony T. Hincks
- It is man’s consolation that the future is to be a sunrise instead of a sunset. – Victor Hugo
- In the twilight of the morning, all life silently waits for the sunrise. The sun must rise for the darkness to sink! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- Our eternal message of hope is that dawn will come. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- There is always a way and always hope in the next sunrise, and in the next second, and in the next minute. – Ziggy Marley
- The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere. – John Muir
- Today is a blank page in your story. What will you write in it? – Sonya Parker
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Morning will come, it has no choice. – Marty Rubin
- The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep. – Rumi
- The darkness is at its deepest just before the sunrise. – Voltaire
- There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them. – Jo Walton
- Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them. – William Arthur Ward
- There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope. – Bernard Williams
- What I know for sure is that every sunrise is like a new page, a chance to right ourselves and receive each day in all its glory. Each day is a wonder. – Oprah Winfrey
Literary quotes about the sunrise
If books are more your thing, borrow one a literary quote for your sunrise captions.
- The next morning dawned bright and sweet, like ribbon candy. – Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen
- The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch or not. It will keep on being beautiful even if no one bothers to look at it. – The Last Chapter, Gene Amole
- What breaks in daybreak? Is it the night? Is it the sun, cracked in two by the horizon like an egg, spilling out light? – The Year of the Flood, Margaret Atwood
- There were hints of sunrise on the rim of the sky, yet it was still dark, and the traces of morning color were like goldfish swimming in ink. – The Muses Are Heard, Truman Capote
- The morning was full of sunlight and hope. – The Awakening, Kate Chopin
- Just Sunrise — Lest Day — Day’s Great Progenitor — – Renunciation — is a piercing Virtue — , Emily Dickinson
- Fortunately, the sun has a wonderfully glorious habit of rising every morning. My Side of the Mountain, Jean Craighead George
- Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have. – Lemony Snicket, Daniel Handler
- Just like the days, no two sunrises are ever the same. – Out on My Own, Jonathan P. Lamas
- The nearer the dawn the darker the night. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The dawn is not distant, nor is the night starless; love is eternal. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear. – A River Runs Through It, Norman Maclean
- For a girl with such a dark mind, you’re a little too in love with the sunrise. – Sherry Namdeo
- O sky above me, you modest, glowing sky! O you, my happiness before sunrise! Day is coming: so let us part! – Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Friedrich Nietzsche
- Dawn seemed to follow midnight with indecent haste. – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling
- The morning steals upon the night, / Melting the darkness. – William Shakespeare
- An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. – Henry David Thoreau
Romantic quotes about the sunrise
For a little something sweet or for couples photos, these romantic quotes about the sunrise are perfect.
- Another beautiful sunrise with this one.
- Greeting the day with my love and the Sun.
- He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity’s sunrise. – William Blake
- Morning without you is a dwindled dawn. – Emily Dickinson
- Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Sunrise, sunrise. Looks like morning in your eyes. – Sunrise, Norah Jones
- Romance makes a radiant sunrise out of every moment. – Thomas Kinkade
- The smile broke across his face the way the sunrise set the clouds on fire. – New Moon, Stephanie Meyer
- Your light is more magnificent than sunrise or sunset. – Rumi
Instagram prompts for sunrise captions
If you prefer a longer caption, here are a few writing prompts about sunrises to help get you started.
- # best sunrises I’ve ever witnessed.
- # photography tips for capturing the sunrise.
- Are you team sunrise or sunset? I’ll go first in the comments.
- # best places in [insert location] to watch the sunrise.
- # reasons why I prefer watching sunrises over sunsets.
- Why I love waking before sunrise. [Inspire your followers by explaining why you’re an early riser.]
- When was the last time you woke up early to watch the sunrise? [Tell a story about the last sunrise you witnessed.
What are your favorite sunrise captions for Instagram?
Share your favorite sunrise captions and IG links below so we can help each other grow.
For more Instagram caption ideas, check out these posts:
This post was originally published on June 19, 2021. It was last updated on January 12, 2022.