Cape Cod has a reputation as an expensive vacation destination, especially when it comes to lodging.
But it doesn’t have to be that way! Affordable lodging can be found across the Cape, from campgrounds and inns to resorts and historic homes.
Here are 18 tips on where to stay on Cape Cod and the islands.
Be sure to check local travel regulations before you book a trip. Some destinations are blocked from visitors or have drastically altered schedules or availability due to COVID-19. Always wear a mask and wash your hands frequently.
Table of contents
Budget Lodging on Cape Cod
Lodging for under $100 across Cape Cod:
- HI-Hyannis Hostel: Perfectly located by the Hyannis ferry docks.
- HI-Martha’s Vineyard: Free breakfast included at this Martha’s Vineyard hostel.
- HI-Nantucket Hostel: Nantucket hostel located in a former lifesaving station that is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- HI-Truro Hostel: Hotel located in Truro, MA, in a former U.S. Coast Guard station.
- Hyannis Travel Inn: A Hyannis, MA, inn for under $100? Yes, it is possible!
- Shady Knoll Campground: Pack up that tent + enjoy the great outdoors in Brewster, MA.
- Starlight Lodge Cape Cod: Pet-friendly + reasonable pricing in Dennis, MA.
- Viking Shores Motor Inn: Complimentary breakfast + within walking distance to mini-golf + ice cream.
Moderately Priced Lodging on Cape Cod
Cape Cod lodging between $100-$225:
- A Cape Cod Ocean Manor: Adorable Bed & Breakfast in Hyannis, MA.
- Cottage Grove: Pet-friendly Eastham cottages on the Cape.
- Handkerchief Shoals Inn: Quaint inn located in South Harwich, MA. Rooms are under $100 during the off-season!
- The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel’s: 20 rooms individually decorated and priced from $125 to just over $200 per night.
- Seaside Cottages: Cottages for under $200 during the off-season or stay in the on-property motel for under $200 during the busy summer season.
Luxury Hotels on Cape Cod
Cape Cod has its fair share of luxury, out-of-this-world lodging – so this is by no means an exhaustive list of the most luxurious places to stay on the Cape! Here’s a handful of superb hotels, inns, and resorts from $225 and up:
- 8 Dyer Hotel: Airy bed & breakfast owned by a chef + a former lawyer in Provincetown, MA.
- Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa: Gorgeous seaside resort in Chatham, MA, that includes rooms in an inn + cottages!
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club: Choose between the romantic mansion rooms or villas at this Brewster, MA resort.
- Stowaway: Impressive French-inspired inn in Provincetown, MA that would make an excellent home for a girls’ getaway or bachelorette trip.
- Salt House Inn: Refreshing Provincetown inn that includes homemade breakfast daily.