DC may be a budding foodie city, but there are some great bars in DC too! Check out these 15 places serving up the city’s best cocktails, brews, and wines.
Best Beer in DC
- Atlas Brew Works: Local brewery with a tasting room open Fri-Sun.
- Churchkey: Impressive roster of draft and bottled beer. A definite must-visit for beer aficionados.
- Nellie’s Sports Bar: D.C.’s first gay sports bar. And yes, there is a drag brunch on the weekends.
- Penn Social: Beer and board games, skeeball, foosball, ping pong, and more. Guaranteed good time.
- Sehkraft Brewing: Not just a brewery. They’ve also got a butcher shop and restaurant!
Best Cocktails in DC
- Barmini by José Andrés: More of an experience than a bar. Reservations highly recommended.
- Columbia Room: Check out the tasting room, where you can pick a 3 or 5 course cocktail tasting experience.
- Dram & Grain: To get a reservation to this speakeasy-style experience: head to Jack Rose and ask how to get a reservation to Dram & Grain. You’ll be handed a business card with a phone number to text, not call, to set up a reservation. The number changes regularly, and there is no website, both adding to the secretive vibe.
- Old Ebbitt Grill: DC’s oldest bar and restaurant, with an impressive wine list and cocktail menu.
- Quarter+Glory: Unique list of cocktail selections.
Best Wine in DC
- Cork Wine Bar: Excellent wine bar for those new to or interested in learning about wine.
- Flight Wine Bar: Wine bar focusing on small, family owned wineries and lesser known wine regions around the world; also features a seasonal menu.
- Proof: Restaurant with a wine list that is never ending.
- Sonoma: Restaurant and wine bar featuring American and Italian wine paired with dishes from the mid-Atlantic region.